I’m delighted to report that the front of our house currently looks like this:
It’s fall and that means it’s time for the Chief to stop working on car projects and switch to house projects. I love this time of year!!
The front of the house has been getting me down lately. The three original wood windows were in dire need of re-glazing because the putty was flaking and disintegrating.
There were still paint swatches from a year ago next to the door.
And there were stucco patches across the front.
We decided to prioritize an exterior update this fall. This is Phase One (of two) to complete our curb appeal update.
Phase One Tasks
- Re-glaze windows
- Re-paint windows
- Trim out windows with new, thick trim
- Paint front of house (yay, no more piebald look!)
- Paint house trim white (currently dark gray)
This will definitely elevate the appearance of our home! After that we will probably take a break before continuing with Phase Two in the next year.
Phase Two Tasks
- Tear down ugly metal porch and build nice new one (I wish we could tear it down now but we need something to keep off the winter rains!)
- Replace the siding and brick on the far right facade of the house
- Pour concrete walkway
- Add landscaping
Here’s what the house looked like at its best before we got started.
And here’s the in progress shot from the top of the post.
It always gets worse before it gets better! I’m really excited. I’ll be back this week to share some more details.
When fall arrives do you tackle big house projects? What small updates have boosted your curb appeal the most?